Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Year, New Goals

Some of you may find it ironic, that only 60 days after joining the world’s largest health and wellness website I decided not to make a New Year’s resolution. Particularly when some would say that’s the bread and butter of our business. In my opinion the term “resolution” is one you hear less and less after today. Fun fact, January 18th is known as the most common day people abandoning what they sought out to do in the New Year.

I've decided to set goals instead. After all, a goal is just a dream with a deadline. 
To not forget them, I have also made a collage to serve as motivation over the next 347 days.
  • Find balance between work & family – as new mom and working at company I have so much passion for, it can be tough to switch gears. I am very lucky to have many friends who are also working mothers, who have done a great job leading by example.
  • Help spread the Spark – I love my new company, and as a member of their team I would love to make us a house hold name!
  • Eat more clean meals, more often – yes, I love my fruit and veggies…but sometimes I need to eat more clean meals on a consistent basis. (diet confessional)
  • Be early – yes, I am one of those who walks in right as things start…it would be nice to be early more often.
  • Run my first half marathon – The Cincinnati Flying Pig, very exciting to run this with my wonderful HoneyBadgers!
  • Weekly blog posts – to share my ideas, content and life moments….that I hope you all will find interesting and useful!
  • Focus on the task at hand – I get overwhelmed sometimes when there are so many things going on, but I find when I make a list and focus on the tasks at hand, I feel amazing once they are complete. This is another situation when my planner is key to this year’s success.
  • Keep my positive outlook – I have noticed as a mom it’s easy to beat myself up for getting off track, but I have always been an optimist and a positive person…..So I am committing to not let that change.
  • Read 3 business, and 3 fun books – confession I am great at starting a book….but sometimes life prevents me from finishing them.
  • Take the stairs – yes, this is one area I am lazy….working on fixing that.
  • Make time to stretch – another fitness confessional.
  • Language – pregnancy was a great motivator to watch my words, but here soon I will have a little one who will repeating things….so this year I have decided to find new words for those moments when you just want to scream out things that require censoring.

So there you have it, my dozen goals for 2014. 

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I don't make resolutions either, I set SMART goals. I am so excited you are going to run a 1/2, I so wish we still lived near each other to run together! I'll be cheering for you from MA! Hug my friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

 

LiveEnergized | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012