Thursday, November 14, 2013

Festive Makeover


Before Lincoln arrived, I made a long list of things I wanted to do around the house while I was on maternity leave for 12 weeks. However, I didn’t fully grasp how busy our little bundle of joy would keep me. This was especially true while adapting to the BabyWhisperer E.A.S.Y. sleep system, which now I am very thankful for since our little man sleeps through the night… most nights.  But fall is my favorite time of year, so I had to spruce up my décor before returning to work.
Before
Blank canvas :)

First thing I had to tackle was our wreath. Travis hated it, and I didn’t want to hear about how ugly our wreath was each week leading up until Christmas. 
Ta-Da!
So I ventured down to my local Hobby Lobby, took advantage of its fall décor sale, and voilà, our reinvented wreath!


Second thing was our mantel. While I loved the simplicity of having silver framed pictures of our friends and family, it was a tad boring. Like most of my recent household projects, I harvested ideas from Pinterest.  



I quickly inventoried what I had at home, used the leftover wreath décor and with a few touches from Pier 1… I’m pleased to present our festive fireplace!



Of course, I carried over my holiday dining room decor and added a new kitchen towel. Have I mention my obsession for decorative towels? Yes, I’m a dork!

I hope you all are harvesting wonderful memories and giving thanks for this beautiful time of year.

Happy Fall Y'all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

LiveEnergized | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012