Friday, February 1, 2013

The Signs


The Signs
In my previous post, I mentioned a handful of symptoms I noticed before I knew Travis and I were having a baby. While each woman and pregnancy is different, here are some other things you might expect when you’re expecting.
  • Tender tata's:  I remember the first time I hugged someone and wanted to say "ouch." Looking back, I had to be only two to three weeks along. This is an early indicator. Some of my friends also noticed changes as early as four weeks. 
  • Floating eyeball syndrome: If you suddenly notice that you are visiting the ladies room two or three times more than normal....... You might be preggo.
  • Hungry: I have always had a good appetite. Come on, I married a chef! However, when you’re newly pregnant, your relationship with food will change in the first trimester. I have been very lucky and have experienced little nausea, but instead have an increased appetite. When I do not listen to my gut (literally), I get what my dear friend Mia calls "The Hulk" syndrome: I turn green, my nostrils flare and I feel like I could rip a kitchen wall down to get food in my belly!
  • Bloodhound nostrils: Do you find yourself being able to pick up and name someone's perfume from across the hall, or do you say to a colleague, "so, you went with homemade tuna salad today?" when her lunch is in her insulated lunch bag... You are not bionic, you are momonic!
  • Beyond TIRED: Caffeine is no longer doing the trick? You doze off during the most exciting part of you show at 8 p.m. on a Friday? Or, if you are like my friend Brianne, you somehow manage to sleep through an entire day? Wake up, Sleeping Beauty! At least long enough to take your prenatals. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

LiveEnergized | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012