Monday, July 22, 2013

Picture Perfect

Like most men, my husband likes to think he is always right. Well, this is one time he was right. At the foot of the steps leading to the second floor of our house, I had tried to make a colleague of pictures of our friends, family and the two of us. Travis (diplomatically) told me it didn’t look quite right. At first, I put my foot down. My “work of art” was going to stay as-is. Needless to say over time, I saw his point. 
BEFORE
Thanks to a little pinspiration, I found a new way to display our love and loved ones. Introducing my DIY gallery wall:

AFTER

Step 1 – Measure: After consulting a few friends with a good eyes for design, I decided to us the window as a guide. Next, I bought shelves that would fit in this space from Ikea.

Step 2 – Tape off designated area: Using Frog Tape, I made the job of painting easy on my self by measuring and leveling the gallery wall.

Step 3 – Paint: The gallery wall; let dry over night. (Leave tape up!)

Step 4 – Remove: The tape slowly and see if any touchups are needed.

Step 5 – Measure again: To determine where you want the shelves to sit, remember to take into account the size of pictures you will be resting on these shelves.

Step 6 – Hang shelves: My good friend Ashley Parsons gave me a tutorial on how to hang shelves that saved me from having lop sided pictures. This was the part that gave me anxiety, but once I did one shelf… the rest were a piece of cake.

Step 7 – Arrange and enjoy!

I cannot wait until our little man arrives, and I can add pictures of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

LiveEnergized | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012