Saturday, July 27, 2013

Our Nursery


Jonathan Adler Elephant Bookends
The story behind this room is the perfect example of how irony, destiny and design can all intersect. 

On November 8th I was on a flight home from San Diego, where I had spent a week at a conference. Luckily, Travis had flown out with me a few days prior to take in the sites and spend some time together. On the flight home my computer died, and all I had to entertain myself was our trusty iPad. Checking my email, I had a note from Ben and the Pinterest team, telling his story about becoming a new dad and announcing their new secret boards.

Needless to say, I was touched at Ben’s adorable story and his unique approach to telling the world about this new feature. It inspired me to save some of the ideas I had been wanting to pin, for “the future”. At this point Travis and I had taken all preventative measures out of the way, and left our baby future in God's hands. I created a secret board titled “One Day”, ironically not knowing that I was one week pregnant. It’s amazing how God can speak to us in subtle ways, when we aren't even listening. During this 3-hour flight I found tons of ideas, which are now present in our nursery. All that’s missing, is our sweet little boy!

Now without further ado, I present….our nursery.  
My sweet friend Kim Post designed these pictures, this was her gift to the baby and beyond perfect artwork.


His crib is a blend of patterns, mixing grey, yellow and touches of white. Perfectly matching this beautiful stroller blanket from Bostonian bestie Sara Zwricker.
This turtle is one of many pieces of nostalgia from Travis's childhood nursery. While it doesn’t 100% match, it was too cute not to be in the room.
The Pottery Barn Kids elephant play-mat & chevron pillow are very thoughtful gifts from our stylish supper club friends Terrah Kocher and Amy Albery.  
Later, I found the matching yellow pillow at Pier 1.

On top of our Target storage ottoman is an adorable diaper cake, made by my amazing friend and colleague Ashley Walters. One day she will take everyone’s advice and start selling them on Etsy!
Quacking cute, this duck lamp is another touch from Travis’s childhood. Daddy picked out a new lamp shade today, to match our color scheme. The towel is yet another hand-made gift from our crafty friend Amanda Raybuck.
This cute little rocking chair was a gift from two amazing couples, the Loyall’s and Fassler’s. Our mobile came from Etsy, and daddy installed a corner shelf so we can see our boy when he sleeping....or not. 
A family friend made our panel curtains, complete with black out liners for nap-time.
Ironically, both the Chef bear and grey elephant thumbie are from family friend Sue Hunter.
Our organized baby closet, complete with my DIY tags, and Etsy closet dividers. Baskets from Meijer.
We re-framed this third generation baseball picture, to keep the nostalgic theme going.
Finally, the homemade gift that made me cry. My amazing sister in law used individual buttons to make this adorable elephant work of art. It was the perfect final touch to pull all the details together.

Thanks to our family and amazing friends for helping to get our nursery ready for little Lincoln James Kight. 
Now let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

LiveEnergized | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012