Monday, June 24, 2013

Gestational Diabetes

First, I apologize for my digital silence. A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Given how carefree of a pregnancy I have experienced....most of you were probably waiting for at least one shoe to drop. 

Needless to say I was surprised, annoyed and of course worried for our little one. While it can be manage with diet, the side of effects for baby and mama are not to be taken lightly. The good news is, with a little disciple and changing up my diet I can absolutely manage my blood sugar and make sure both of us are getting the nutrition we need.  

So I hope you all enjoyed the pasta recipe I just posted...because from here on out it's healthy food all the way. Given that its swimsuit season, most of you will probably love these recipes. I have already discovered amazing snacks and things you can make ahead of time in bulk....like roasted vegetable breakfast burritos. YUM! Come back soon to see what I am cooking up in the kitchen, and other fun things as I prepare for our little arrival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

LiveEnergized | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012